Colonel William R. Davis is the Vice Commander of the 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease Air National Guard Base, New Hampshire. He is one of the Commander’s primary advisors and directly supervises fourteen Wing Staff agencies. The 157th Air Refueling Wing provides world-wide air mobility and combat support functions as well as domestic response capability to the State of New Hampshire. Colonel Davis is also a Congressional Affairs Contact Officer for the New Hampshire National Guard.
Colonel Davis received his commission from the Rhode Island Army National Guard in 1996 and joined the New Hampshire Air National Guard in November 1998. Prior to his current assignment he was the Deputy Commander of the 157th Mission Support Group. His other experience includes squadron command, CENTCOM deployment and tours at the National Guard Bureau and U.S. Embassy, El Salvador. Colonel Davis is also the board chair of the Regional Economic Development Center, a non-profit lender that promotes employment opportunity and economic growth in southern New Hampshire.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Boston University, Boston, Mass.
1997 Master of Business Administration, New Hampshire College, Hooksett, N.H.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. April 1989-July 1989, Student, Basic and Advanced Individual Training, U.S. Army Infantry School, Fort Benning, Ga.
2. August 1989-Student, Basic Parachutist Course, U.S. Army Airborne School, Fort Benning, Ga.
3. September 1989-May 1990, Infantryman, 173rd Long Range Surveillance Detachment, Rhone Island Army National Guard, Camp Fogarty, R.I.
4. June 1990-August 1991, Officer Candidate, RIARNG Officer Candidate School (deferred commission), Camp Varnum, R.I.
5. September 1991-March 1992, Infantryman, 173rd Long Range Surveillance Detachment, RIARNG, Camp Fogarty, R.I.
6. March 1992-December 1996, U.S. Army, Inactive Ready Reserve, St. Louis, Mo.
7. December 1996-November 1998, Platoon Leader, 119th Military Police Company, RIARNG, T.F. Green Airport, R.I.
8. November 1998-September 2003, Wing Public Affairs Officer, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease Air National Guard Base, N.H.
9. September 2003-May 2004, Traditional Command Activities Coordinator, U.S. Military Group, US Embassy, El Salvador
10. May 2004-August 2004, Executive Officer, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H. 11. September 2004-December 2004, Student, Basic Financial Management Officer Course, Keesler, Air Force Base, Miss. (distinguished graduate)
12. January 2005-December 2009, Comptroller, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
13. December 2009-December 2010, Deputy Commander, 157th Mission Support Group, Pease ANGB, N.H.
14. January 2011-May 2011, Deputy Commander, 447th Air Expeditionary Group, Sather Air Base, Iraq
15. June 2011-August 2013, Commander, 157th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Pease ANGB, N.H.
16. January 2011 – March 2011, Student, Logistics Readiness Officer Basic Course, Lackland AFB, Texas (distinguished graduate)
17. August 2013-August 2014, Staff Fellow, Commander’s Action Group, Air National Guard Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
18. August 2014-August 2016, Deputy Commander, 157th Mission Support Group, Pease ANGB, New Hampshire
19. September 2016-present, Vice Commander, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant December 24, 1996
First Lieutenant December 24, 1998
Captain April 06, 2001
Major June 01, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel August 04, 2009
Colonel, November 17, 2016
(Current as of January 2019)