Col. John Mirabello is the Commander of the 157th Medical Group. His is responsible for the airmen of the Medical Group and overall direction of the medical needs of the 157th Air Refueling Wing.
After completing undergraduate and graduate degrees in chemical engineering, the colonel entered the U.S. Air Force in June 1984. He graduated from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in May 1988, then the aerospace medicine primary course and a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He served 15 years on active duty in the U.S. Air Force before transitioning to the New York Air National Guard in July 1999. He later transferred to theNew Hampshire Air National Guardin March 2003. Has served as acting State Air Surgeon from 2009 to 2012.
In his civilian status, Dr. Mirabello serves as an obstetrician/gynecology physician. Prior to his current assignment, the colonel was the State Air Surgeon, State HQ, N.H.
1983 Bachelor of Engineering, The Cooper Union School of Engineering, New York, N.Y.
1984 Master of Engineering, The Cooper Union School of Engineering, New York, N.Y.
1987 School of Aerospace Medicine Primary Course, Brooks Air Force Base, Texas
1988 Doctor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Bethesda, Md.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. by correspondence
1996 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2001 Master of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, Calif.
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2009 Master of Business Administration, Plymouth State University, N.H.
1. Month 1984–Month 1988, Studen, Uniformed Services University of the Health Science, Bethesda, Md.
2. Month 1988–Month 1992, Ob/Gyn Resident, U.S. Air Force Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
3. Month 1992–Month 1995, Chief Ob/Gyn, 97th Medical Group, Altus AFB, Okla.
4. Month 1995–Month 1999, Chief Ob/Gyn, 325th Medical Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. Month 1999–Month 2003, Chief Professional Services, 105th Medical Group, Stewart Air National Guard Base, N.Y.
6. Month 2003–March 2018, Chief Aerospace Medicine, 157th Medical Group, Pease ANGB, N.H.
7. March 2018–Present, Commander, 157th Medical Group, Pease ANGB, N.H.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
New York Medal of Commendation
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States
National Guard Association of New Hampshire
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 8, 1984
Captain May 12, 1988
Major May 12, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel May 12, /2001
Colonel May 1, 2007
(Current as of March 2018)