Colonel Mark H. Ustaszewski is the Commander of the 157th Operations Group, Pease Air National Guard Base, New Hampshire. The 157th Operations Group is comprised of four squadrons; 157th Operations Support Squadron, 133rd Air Refueling Squadron, 64th Air Refueling Squadron (Active Duty Associate) and the 260th Air Traffic Control Squadron. The Operations Group performs air refueling, airlift and aeromedical evacuation missions supporting U.S. and coalition contingency operations and the U.S. Strategic Command's strategic deterrence mission. The 260th provides air traffic control at Pease Air National Guard Base and supports worldwide combat operations.
The colonel graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in May 1987 receiving his commision as a 2nd Lieutenant. He attended Undergraduate Pilot training at Columbus Air Force Base, Miss. graduating in September 1988.
During his 30 plus years of service, the colonel has flown numerous aircraft, including the T-37, T-38, T-1, KC-135A/R, KC-10 and has served in a myriad of roles, including KC-135 Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, T-38 Instructor Pilot, T-1 Instructor Pilot, KC-10 Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Mission Development, and as Chief of Standardization/Evaluations. Prior to his current position, the colonel served as Commander, 157th Operations Support Squadron, Pease ANGB, N.H.
1987 Bachelor of Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1988 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
1995 Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Flight Safety Officer Formal Training Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2000 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 U.S. Air Force Chief of Safety Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2005 Master of Aeronautical Sciences, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2016 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. June 1983-July 1987, STUDENT, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. July 1987-November 1988, STUDENT, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. March 1989-September 1993, KC-135 PILOT/AIRCRAFT COMMANDER, 42nd Air Refueling Squadron, Loring AFB, Maine
4. September 1993-July 1994, KC-135 SCHEDULER, 380th Operational Support Squadron, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
5. July 1994-July 1996, T-38 INSTRUCTOR PILOT, 50th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
6. July 1996-July 1998, T-1 FLIGHT COMMANDER, 48th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
7. July 1998-November 2002, KC-10 INSTRUCTOR PILOT, 305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
8. November 2002-July 2014, CHIEF OF SAFETY/KC-10 EVALUATOR PILOT, 514th Air Refueling Wing, Joint Base MDL, N.J.
9. July 2014-April 2017, KC-135 CHIEF MISSION DEVELOPMENT, 157th Operational Support Squadron, Pease Air National Guard Base, N.H.
10. April 2017-October 2017, KC-135 CHIEF OF STANDARDIZATION/EVALUATION, 157th Operations Group, Pease ANGB, N.H.
11. October 2017-March 2018, KC-135 COMMANDER, 157th Operational Support Squadron, Pease ANGB, N.H.
12. March 2018-Present, COMMANDER, 157th Operations Group, Pease ANGB, N.H.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: more than 5,400
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, T-1, KC-135A, KC-10, and KC-135R
MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and seven oak leaf clusters
Combat readiness Medal with 12 oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia service Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two devices
Iraq Campaign Medal two devices
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service with 6 oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 3 ‘M’ devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1987
First Lieutenant May 27, 1989
Captain 27 May, 1991
Major December 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel August 18, 2005
Colonel May 6, 2018
(Current as of May 1, 2018)