Col. Kenneth V. Leedberg is the Deputy Commander of the 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease Air National Guard Base, New Hampshire. As the Deputy Commander, he assists the commander in directing the combined efforts of all operations and support activities associated with the Wing’s worldwide air refueling, air mobility, and combat suppot missions, as well as domestic operations in support of civil authority. The 157th Air Refueling Wing is assigned twelve KC-46A tankers as its primary weapon system, and is home to over 1100 Total Force Airmen in direct support of this mission.
Col. Leedberg began his career in September 1987 enlisting in the United States Air Force. After 10 years of varied active duty assignments, he transferred to the Air National Guard. In 2002 Col. Leedberg received his commission through the Academy of Military Science where he was distinguished graduate of his class. In 2017, he earned a Master of Science degree from Granite State College graduating high honors with a 4.0 GPA. Col. Leedberg has served as the New Hampshire National Guard Family Program Director, Wing Executive Officer, Security Forces Squadron Commander, Wing Inspector General, Mission Support Group Deputy Commander and prior to his current position, Col. Leedberg was the Director, Human Resources, Joint Force Headquarters, New Hampshire National Guard, Concord, N.H.
Col. Leedberg and his wife Deanna have resided in Stratham, New Hampshire for 23 years and they have two sons, Tyler and Derek.
1995 Associate of Arts, Airway Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1996 Associate of Arts, Management, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Business and Management, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
2002 Air National Guard Academy of Military Science, McGee Tyson ANGB., Knoxville, Tenn.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2017 Master of Science, Leadership, Granite State College, Concord, N.H.
2019 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. June 2002 – January 2003, Chief Military Equal Opportunity, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
2. January 2003 – February 2006, State Family Program Director, Joint Force Headquarters NHNG, Concord, N.H.
3. February 2006 – November 2009, Wing Executive Officer, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H. (July 2007
– September 2007, Executive Officer, 506th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam)
4. November 2009 – October 2014, Commander, Security Forces Squadron, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
5. October 2014 – October 2015, Director of Inspections, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
6. October 2015 – December 2016, Wing Inspector General, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
7. December 2016 – October 2018, 157th Mission Support Group Deputy Commander, Pease ANGB, N.H.
8. October 2018 – June 2023, Human Resource Officer, Joint Force Headquarters NHNG, Concord, N.H.
9. June 2023 – Present, Wing Deputy Commander, 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, N.H.
MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
2002 Academy of Military Science Commandant Award for Military Excellence, Class O-2002-4
2002 Academy of Military Science Distinguished Graduate Award, Class O-2002-4
2002 Academy of Military Science Physical Fitness Award, Class O-2002-4
2004 New Hampshire Air National Guard Company Grade Officer of the Year
2010 Air Education and Training Command Commander’s Award as Top Graduate, Security Forces Officers Course
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic September 2, 1987
Airman March 2, 1988
Airman First Class January 2, 1989
Senior Airman March 2, 1990
Sergeant March 2, 1991
Staff Sergeant March 1, 1995
Technical Sergeant June 21, 2000
Second Lieutenant June 21, 2002
First Lieutenant June 21, 2004
Captain June 21, 2006
Major August 10, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel October 6, 2016
Colonel October 1, 2020
(Current as of August 2023)