How do I gain access to Pease Air National Guard Base for care at the Portsmouth Community Based Outpatient Clinic?
1. The Pease Air National Guard Base complies with Air Force Directives regulating personnel access to military installations. Effective February 1, 2017, enhanced security measures will be in place and the following information is provided to ensure Veterans enrolled to the Portsmouth Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) are able to continue accessing the CBOC for their healthcare.
2. Individuals possessing an Active/Retired/Family Member Military ID Card or Federally-issued Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card have full access to the common areas of the base, including the Portsmouth CBOC.
3. All other Veterans are now required to have a scheduled medical appointment prior to accessing the base. If you arrive at the base without an appointment the security forces will provide you instructions to park outside the base entrance and ask you to contact the CBOC at (800) 892-8384 Ext. 5501 to schedule an appointment. The VA staff at the CBOC will inform the Security Forces when an appointment has been booked. You may encounter a delay in accessing the CBOC so we highly encourage you to schedule your appointment prior to arrival at the base.
4. Veterans without a Military ID Card or PIV Card must possess the following forms of ID for access to the base and CBOC and undergo a Background Check:
a) N.H. Veteran: NH Driver’s License and a Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)/Veterans Identification Card (VIC). If the Veteran has been issued a N.H. REAL ID Compliant Driver’s License or has a US Passport, a VHIC/VIC is not required.
b) Maine Veteran: Maine Driver’s License and a Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)/Veterans Identification Card (VIC). If the Veteran has a U.S. Passport, a VHIC/VIC is not required.
5. Background Checks – All Veterans falling into Paragraph 4 above are required to undergo a Background Check in addition to providing identification at the gate. Once the Background Check is complete, it will remain in effect for one (1) year.
a) Veterans will be required to complete a Background Check Form (Attachment 1) prior to Security Forces allowing access to the base/CBOC. From February 1 through March 31, 2017, Veterans will not be required to wait for Security Forces to conduct the Background Check and will be allowed entry to the base and CBOC.
b) Effective April 1, 2017, Veterans will be required to have a completed Background Check prior to being granted access to the base and CBOC. Completion of the Background Check can be completed at the gate; however, Veterans are encouraged to complete the Background Check prior to arrival at the gate to avoid late arrival to their appointment.
6. Escorts and Guests. Veterans cleared for base access can escort one individual or Family Member, including minors, onto the base. The individual must also present an identification card (Driver’s License, Passport) and complete the Background Check requirements.
7. Veterans or escorted individuals who cannot meet the identification card or Background Check requirements will not be allowed access to the base.
Download and fill out the Authorization and Release (Vetting Form). Please print out and bring completed form with you to the main gate or mail completed copy to:
157th Security Forces Squadron Police Services Office
302 Newmarket Street, Newington, NH 03801
For more information about security and accessing Pease ANGB, please contact the Security Forces Squadron at (603) 430-2622.
If you are a veteran and/or their dependent who is a resident of New Hampshire, the New Hampshire State Office of Veterans Services may be able to assist you in securing benefits or preferences to which you may be entitled under state or federal law or regulations. Call them toll free at 1-800-622-9230.
Visit the NH State Office of Veterans Services website for more information.
Thank you for your service.
When is your next airshow?
The next airshow is currently planned for Sept. 11-12, 2021. As more information becomes available, it will be posted here: https://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Airshow-2021/
What are your common contact numbers?
How do I get to Pease Air National Guard Base?
For further information, visit our Recruiting page.
To learn more about the U.S. Air Force basic training, visit their web page at https://www.basictraining.af.mil
How do I request a flyover?
Community members wishing to have uniformed military members participate in community based non-aviation events, such as parades, ceremonies, etc. will need to submit a DD 2536 to the New Hamphire National Guard Joint Operations Center for review and approval.
Current policy requires a physical signature. Please fill out, print and sign the form. The signed form can then be scannned and email to the N.H. National Guard Joint Operations Center.
A response to your request will usually take up to 10 working days.
Can I take photographs on the flight line?
Can't I just use my cell phone or personal camera to take pictures on base?
Where can I obtain a photography authorization letter?
Who should I talk to if I have additional questions or a special need or requirement?
As a 157th Air Refueling Wing retiree, how do I keep informed on what's going on at Pease Air National Guard Base?
Please visit our Airman & Family Readiness page, where you can request to be added to the Retiree mailing list.
How do I get a new I.D. card?
What's your social media site?